-AD-
-AD-
HomeNewsShiba Inu Ignites Crypto World: Record 2.25B SHIB Burned in 24 Hours...

Shiba Inu Ignites Crypto World: Record 2.25B SHIB Burned in 24 Hours with Future Burns Set to Propel Price to New All-Time Highs

- Advertisement -
  • Shiba Inu enthusiasts burn a record 2.25 billion SHIB in 24 hours, increasing the burn rate by 31,000%.
  • Shibarium, Shiba Inu’s Layer-2 scalability solution, is expected to burn 500 billion SHIB per year upon launch.

Record-breaking Shiba Inu Burns

In an extraordinary 24-hour period, Shiba Inu enthusiasts managed to burn an unprecedented 2,259,598,377 (2.25B) SHIB. This significant milestone was reached through six individual transactions, with CultPunks and a mysterious wallet being the primary contributors to the burn.

CultPunks and Blaze Token Drive Burns

CultPunks, a new NFT collection launched on the Modulus Network, removed 246,743,138 (246.74M) SHIB from circulation permanently through a single transaction executed around 19 hours prior to press time.

Shortly after, the Blaze token sent a staggering 2,005,265,274 (2B) SHIB, valued at $19,992, to the dead wallet in a single massive transaction. As a result, the overall burn rate skyrocketed by 30,940.10% compared to the previous day, when only 5,834,817 (5.83M) SHIB were burned across three separate transactions.

Shibarium and the Future of SHIB Burn Rate

Despite the recent decline in the SHIB burn rate, lead developer Shytoshi Kusama reassured the community by stating that their ultimate goal is to burn trillions of dollars’ worth of SHIB coins in conjunction with the release of the Layer-2 scalability solution, Shibarium.

Since the start of 2023, Shiba Inu has been part of the crypto market rally, with the SHIB price increasing by over 35% and competing with other major altcoins like Polygon’s MATIC, Litecoin (LTC), and Aptos (APT).

According to the MVRV-Z score indicator, SHIB is still undervalued and could potentially surge by another 75% within the next two months. Another key factor driving the SHIB price is the imminent launch of Shibarium.

Several recent developments have occurred within the ecosystem, including hints from popular influencer SHIB Knight about the development of the Shibarium bridge, which would facilitate asset transfers between the Layer-2 platform and Ethereum. Furthermore, crypto hardware wallet manufacturer Ledger has confirmed its support for Shibarium upon launch.

Shibarium’s Potential 500 Billion Token Burn

A Shiba Inu-focused account, SHIB PPP, has recently shared its expectations for the total Shiba Inu (SHIB) burns through the Layer-2 Shibarium protocol, estimating that 500 billion SHIB could be burned per year once the protocol goes live.

This considerable burn rate for SHIB would provide a substantial price boost for the cryptocurrency. Official documentation states that Shibarium’s base fee will be divided, with 70% being burned and the remaining 30% reserved for network maintenance.

Based on current BONE and SHIB prices, SHIB PPP predicts a burn rate of 500 billion SHIB coins per year if Shibarium performs as expected. Shiba Inu developers are also working to expand the ecosystem further. In a recent Telegram message, Shiba Inu’s lead developer Shytoshi Kusama hinted at the potential release of Shibaswap 2.0, stating that they are developing a more advanced version of the decentralized exchange (DEX).

Disclaimer: ETHNews does not endorse and is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, or other materials on this page. Readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to cryptocurrencies. ETHNews is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods, or services mentioned.
AnnJoy Makena
AnnJoy Makenahttps://www.ethnews.com
Annjoy Makena is an accomplished and passionate writer who specializes in the fascinating world of cryptocurrencies. With a profound understanding of blockchain technology and its implications, she is dedicated to demystifying complex concepts and delivering valuable insights to her readers. Business Email: info@ethnews.com Phone: +49 160 92211628
RELATED ARTICLES

LATEST ARTICLES