MarilynJean Interactive to Expands its Use to Ethereum
MarilynJean Media Interactive (MJMI.QB) has announced it will add Ethereum to its services.
The company aims to add the virtual currency to its business plan as well as its “acquisition target search.”
“This technology has the potential to completely change the way billions of dollars of financial instruments and are traded and settled. We are excited to be expanding our plans to include this exciting new crypto-currency,” Peter Janosi, MJMI’s president states in the press release.
MJMI currently provides multiple services, such as currency exchange and escrow services for those using virtual currencies. Adding Ethereum to their platform was an easy choice, especially with its smart contracts feature.
“Anyone can develop new applications that make use of its code which allows for the creation of financial structures that can run themselves.”
Some of these applications include:
- The creation of multisignature escrow contracts.
- The construction of peer-to-peer gambling.
- Savings wallets where only a percentage of funds can be withdrawn, but turned off if jeopardized.
- A decentralized data feed where users can provide a value.
- The growth of predictive and decentralized marketplaces.
- Automating trade finance.
- Tracking loyalty points and gift cards.”
MJMI is currently considering additional partnerships within the cryptocurrency community. Since the development of Bitcoin, MJMI was one of the first publicly traded companies to concentrate on virtual currencies.