- US Congressman Warren Davidson reiterates his call for the removal of SEC Chair Gary Gensler, citing the SEC’s inconsistent actions against cryptocurrency, particularly the Grayscale Spot-Bitcoin ETF case.
- Davidson previously filed legislation aimed at restructuring the SEC and has been a consistent critic of what he describes as Gensler’s “tyrannical” leadership.
A Renewed Call for Leadership Change at the SEC
US Congressman Warren Davidson of Ohio is amplifying his call to remove Gary Gensler from his position as the Chair of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Davidson’s call comes in the wake of a pivotal legal decision: a three-judge panel in Washington overturned the SEC’s prior ruling that had blocked Grayscale’s application for a Spot-Bitcoin Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF).
— Warren Davidson 🇺🇸 (@WarrenDavidson) August 29, 2023
The Grayscale Ruling: A Catalyst for Controversy
The court’s verdict was detailed in an opinion filed by Circuit Judge Rao, who termed the SEC’s denial of Grayscale’s ETF application as “arbitrary and capricious.” This language resonated with Davidson’s own criticisms. In his previous confrontations with the SEC and Gensler, Davidson had labeled the chair as a “tyrannical chairman” from whom the markets must be safeguarded. The decision by the court not only overturned the SEC’s ruling but also mandated that the regulatory body must clearly articulate its rationale for different treatment of similar financial products.
This isn’t the first time Davidson has voiced his concerns. In July, he introduced legislation aimed at restructuring the SEC altogether, an ambitious move reflecting his dissatisfaction with the current leadership. He argued then—as he continues to argue—that Gensler’s actions have been not just disruptive but potentially harmful to the burgeoning digital asset industry. In Davidson’s viewpoint, the SEC’s inconsistent policies are causing crypto and blockchain innovation to look for friendlier jurisdictions, thereby pushing digital asset development away from the U.S.
>> Buy Bitcoin quickly and securely with PayPal, credit card or bank transfer at eToro with low fees and deposit protection. Get started with BTC now. Visit Website <<
Last month, Davidson expressed his sentiments plainly:
“It’s time for real reform and to fire Gary Gensler as Chair of the SEC.”
The Ohio Congressman’s criticism isn’t a fleeting sentiment but has been consistent and persistent. His concerns revolve around what he perceives as Gensler’s undue influence, which he believes could create roadblocks in an industry defined by its rapid pace and disruptive potential.
Davidson’s public call to action comes at a pivotal moment when regulatory decisions are not merely administrative actions but directional forces that could shape the trajectory of financial markets and technological innovation.
Best Crypto Exchange for Everyone:
- Invest in Ripple (XRP) and 70+ cryptocurrencies and 3,000 other assets.
- 0% commission on stocks – buy in bulk or just a fraction from as little as $10.
- Copy top-performing traders in real time, automatically.
- Regulated by financial authorities including FAC and FINRA.
2.8 Million Users