- Cardano reveals significant developmental activities on Marlowe and announces a pivotal upgrade to its Hydra scaling solution.
- Despite impressive innovations, Cardano currently trails behind Ethereum in terms of on-chain numbers and DeFi total value locked.
Cardano’s Marlowe Evolution
Cardano, a leading Layer 1 proof-of-stake blockchain, recently unveiled its ongoing developmental pursuits in the Marlowe smart contract environment. According to updates from Input Output Hong Kong (IOHK), the core team is intensifying efforts to amplify Marlowe’s runtime, enhancing its capacity for added functionalities.
Also, learn about Marlowe's top-notch security in this must-read guide:… pic.twitter.com/OhRIIAw0Y1
— Input Output (@InputOutputHK) August 22, 2023
The protocol’s team is also focused on advancing the Marlowe Playground and the accompanying explorer. Given Marlowe’s recent debut on the mainnet, these efforts underscore Cardano’s vibrant developer ecosystem and its commitment to continually refine the protocol for end users. Despite these strides, Cardano’s current position in the blockchain arena, in terms of deliverables and actual on-chain metrics, remains behind giants like Ethereum and Solana.
>> Buy Cardano quickly and securely with PayPal, credit card or bank transfer at eToro with low fees and deposit protection. Get started with ADA now. Visit Website <<
However, the crypto landscape continually reshapes. Ethereum’s edge, particularly in the decentralized finance (DeFi) domain, with a total value locked (TVL) at $22 billion compared to Cardano’s $162 million, is evident. Still, with Cardano’s relentless commitment to network improvements, this gap might narrow down in the future.
Hydra v0.12.0: Cardano’s Scaling Prodigy
Beyond Marlowe, Cardano is making waves with its recent Hydra v0.12.0 upgrade. Touted as a critical leap towards scalability and efficiency, this upgrade marks Cardano’s dedication to refining node synchronization processes, aiming for enhanced intuitiveness and developer appeal.
Diving into the Hydra v0.12.0 specifics:
- Compatibility and Features: It seamlessly meshes with the Cardano Node v8.1.2 client and the innovative Mithril protocol by Input Output Global (IOG).
- API Expansion: With new API endpoints introduced, Hydra is positioned to be even more accessible to Web 3.0 developers and researchers, signifying a forward-thinking approach aligning with the anticipated rise of Web 3.0 in decentralized platforms.
- Performance Refinements: The upgrade encompasses code optimizations tailored to boost Hydra’s on-chain performance, setting the stage for achieving several milestones in the forthcoming times.
Financial indicators also hint at the potential positive influence of such technological upgrades on ADA’s price. Historically, ADA’s price has shown to be responsive to Cardano’s technological advancements. Following the Hydra v0.12.0 release, ADA witnessed a 1.51% price increase, signaling a possibly optimistic price trajectory steered by the platform’s incessant innovations.
For crypto enthusiasts eager for a more in-depth exploration, the upcoming Rare Evo 2023 convention promises deeper insights into this release’s intricacies. Given Cardano’s track record and the promising trajectory of its recent innovations, the future indeed appears promising for this blockchain titan.
Best Crypto Exchange for Everyone:
- Invest in Cardano and 70+ cryptocurrencies and 3,000 other assets.
- 0% commission on stocks – buy in bulk or just a fraction from as little as $10.
- Copy top-performing traders in real time, automatically.
- Regulated by financial authorities including FAC and FINRA.
2.8 Million Users