- Out of the 195 countries globally, 130 are actively developing their own Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC), potentially challenging the U.S. dollar’s position as the global reserve currency.
- BRICS, an alliance of five major emerging national economies, is set to unveil a new currency that, along with CBDCs, could put pressure on the dominance of the U.S. dollar.
The Rising Tide of Digital Currencies and BRICS: An Epoch for the Greenback?
In the rapidly evolving landscape of global finance, the U.S. dollar, the longstanding kingpin of the monetary world, finds itself at a critical juncture. With 130 countries – a whopping 98% of the global total – advancing towards the launch of their respective Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs), the U.S. dollar’s hegemony appears increasingly uncertain.
The surge in CBDC adoption is startling, given that a report from the Atlantic Council, a Washington D.C.-based think tank, shows that only 35 countries were considering such currencies in 2020. Today, the rise is phenomenal, with 11 countries, including several Caribbean nations and Nigeria, already deploying their CBDC pilot programs.
However, it’s not just the march towards CBDCs that is sounding alarm bells for the dollar. The BRICS alliance – Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa – are preparing to disrupt the dollar’s global reserve status by unveiling a new currency specifically for cross-border transactions.
BRICS and Its Potential Impact on the Dollar
The launch of the BRICS currency is expected at the forthcoming summit in South Africa this August. This groundbreaking move aims to provide an alternative to the U.S. dollar for international trade deals. If this currency establishes itself in the global markets, the repercussions for the greenback could be significant.
>> Buy Bitcoin quickly and securely with PayPal, credit card or bank transfer at eToro with low fees and deposit protection. Get started with BTC now. Visit Website <<
This confluence of emerging CBDCs and the prospective BRICS currency poses a tangible threat to the U.S. dollar’s long-standing supremacy. At this critical crossroads, the greenback’s future appears delicately balanced, dependent on the success or failure of these ambitious ventures.
Simultaneously, the BRICS alliance is ambitiously planning an expansion. Their consistent stance in advocating for the interests of the developing world over the traditional powers has won them potential new members. This development further highlights the shifting geofinancial dynamics that are poised to reframe the global economic landscape in a way that could potentially end the U.S. dollar’s reign as the global reserve currency.
Best Crypto Exchange for Everyone:
- Invest in Bitcoin (BTC) and 70+ cryptocurrencies and 3,000+ other assets.
- 0% commission on stocks – buy in bulk or just a fraction from as little as $10.
- Copy top-performing traders in real time, automatically.
- Regulated by financial authorities including FAC and FINRA.
2.8 Million Users