- Billionaire Tim Draper accuses SEC Chair Gary Gensler of inhibiting cryptocurrency innovation in the U.S. through his policies, stating that traditional SEC oversight isn’t applicable to the crypto sector.
- Draper highlights the need for clear regulatory guidelines, indicating that the current U.S. regulatory climate is baffling and discourages innovation within the cryptocurrency industry.
In an interview with Fox Business’s The Claman Countdown, billionaire and Bitcoin enthusiast Tim Draper presented a bold critique of Gary Gensler, the Chair of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Draper accused Gensler’s policies of impeding cryptocurrency innovation, damaging the United States’ technological progress, and potentially transforming the country into a ‘technological wasteland’ within a span of four decades.
“Crypto is coming. AI is coming. What is this new fear about spreading technologies?”
suggesting that emerging technologies should be embraced, not stifled. He emphasized that these technological advancements, like smartphones and Teslas, are the new bedrock of progress and development.
According to Draper, while most cryptocurrency companies are open to regulation and are seeking clear guidelines to operate within, the current regulatory framework is discouraging innovation due to its complexity. He strongly criticized Gensler’s approach, stating that it lacks precision and is potentially pushing innovation out of the country.
>> Buy Bitcoin quickly and securely with PayPal, credit card or bank transfer at eToro with low fees and deposit protection. Get started with BTC now. Visit Website <<
“That is going to drive all the innovation right out of the country. It makes no sense at all. He is damaging our country if he is going to do that.”
Reflecting on Coinbase’s experience, Draper praised Brian Armstrong, the CEO of the largest crypto exchange in the U.S. by volume. Despite the SEC recently charging Coinbase with alleged securities violations, Draper commended Armstrong for his dedication to operating within the law, even amidst an unclear regulatory environment.
In Draper’s eyes, Armstrong and Coinbase represent the innovative spirit that is set to transform the global economy with new technologies like Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. He asserted that the future of this potential transformation within the U.S. would be greatly determined by the country’s regulatory approach to these emerging technologies.
Best Crypto Exchange for Everyone:
- Invest in Ripple (XRP) and 70+ cryptocurrencies and 3,000 other assets.
- 0% commission on stocks – buy in bulk or just a fraction from as little as $10.
- Copy top-performing traders in real time, automatically.
- Regulated by financial authorities including FAC and FINRA.
2.8 Million Users