- A mere 5% investment of AUM by eight major institutions into Bitcoin could potentially boost BTC price to around $310,000, says on-chain analyst Willy Woo.
- Woo’s projection comes in the wake of the SEC’s recent return of BlackRock and Fidelity’s filings for a Bitcoin ETF due to lack of clarity and compliance issues.
Bitcoin (BTC), the prominent cryptocurrency, could witness a phenomenal price explosion, subject to a singular condition, forecasts leading on-chain analyst Willy Woo. His conjecture pivots on eight major institutions, all of which have exhibited interest in blockchain technology and tokenization, funneling merely 5% of their assets under management (AUM) into Bitcoin.
According to Woo’s calculations, this move could inflate the price of Bitcoin to approximately $310,000 per BTC. However, the projected figure could fluctuate between $128,000 and $398,000, depending on the timing of the investment in relation to market conditions, either bullish or bearish. Woo derived this range by scrutinizing the correlation between increases in the market cap and the realized cap.
Woo’s prediction follows the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reportedly rejecting recent filings for a spot Bitcoin Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF) by investment giants BlackRock and Fidelity. The regulatory body returned the filings on the grounds of non-compliance; namely, failing to name the Bitcoin ETF that was to be under surveillance and not providing adequate details about the surveillance agreement’s operational specifics.
>> Buy Bitcoin quickly and securely with PayPal, credit card or bank transfer at eToro with low fees and deposit protection. Get started with BTC now. Visit Website <<
However, there’s a silver lining, according to Eric Balchunas, a senior ETF analyst at Bloomberg. Balchunas deems the SEC’s response to be somewhat positive. He states that the SEC’s request for the specific ‘crypto exchange’ to be named and further details on the surveillance agreement are reasonable. This apparent demand for clarity and transparency could potentially be seen as constructive news for the crypto industry’s regulatory future.
In a nutshell, Woo’s analysis paints a promising future for Bitcoin, contingent on increased institutional involvement. The current regulatory landscape, while presenting challenges, also indicates a demand for transparency and detail that could ultimately prove beneficial for the broader cryptocurrency sector. The coming months will reveal how these dynamics unfold and whether Bitcoin does indeed experience the predicted surge.
Best Crypto Exchange for Everyone:
- Invest in Bitcoin (BTC) and 70+ cryptocurrencies and 3,000+ other assets.
- 0% commission on stocks – buy in bulk or just a fraction from as little as $10.
- Copy top-performing traders in real time, automatically.
- Regulated by financial authorities including FAC and FINRA.
2.8 Million Users