The idea of the Golem Network was started with the will to change the way the computing world is organized, by using the existing infrastructure of idle computers all around the globe to take over jobs that are currently done by mainframes, computing farms, and supercomputers. It’s software that’s built with a platform that joins efforts across a number of specializations (blockchain, computer, image processing, and more). Golem wants to integrate use cases and projects, giving Ethereum a wider audience that is dependent upon its core functionality.
Starting November 11th, 2016, at 3 pm GMT, they will begin their crowdfunding that will last for three weeks, (or until the maximum cap of 820,000 ETH is reached).
Here are more details:
- Crowdfunding start block is 2607800, approximately 11th November, 3 pm UTC
- Don’t send ETH from exchanges
- Transaction data field must be set to 0xefc81a8c
- Instructions for wallets: Mist/Ethereum Wallet/Parity and myetherwallet.
- Crowdfunding address is 0xa74476443119A942dE498590Fe1f2454d7D4aC0d but don’t send before start block 2607800
- Check out the crowdfunding page for more information and a countdown for time and block number
- To learn details on how the crowdfunding contract works please refer to this blog post.